December 2, 2022 Where does the time go?

  

Hi reader. 

Things have been crazy in the world and in life around here at Skeezix Productions. 

Since starting this project we have 

1. Moved from So Cal to Nor Cal

2 Changed careers completely. Learning curve at my age is a thing. 

3. Changes offices from SF to Oakland - yay shorter commute. 

4. House needed infrastructure: 

    Rat abatement including a rat pad and insulation change 

    HVAC service & repair

    5.1 cubic TONS of weed - lawn soil removal oi I am tired

    Building a dry river with three cubic yards of 4-8" river rock

    Pool equipment work - racing line making came 00in handy

    Spa remediation - grrr renters

    100+ feet of hand trenching 

    Hand digging an 85 foot path and laying two pallets of 4" flagstone with 4-6" base

    Hand digging a 20x10 foot place for the future front yard gathering place its called #AdvilPlaza,          also with base 

    All the above is in California Clay 

5. Somewhere in there we got a puppy 

6. Kitchen remodel - yeah other guys did the work but I was here most of the time with no kitchen              using the Coleman Stove/Propane to heat stuff. During that time we had the hottest heat wave I have      experienced here in Nor Cal - scoring 117F on my digital table top thermometer, and I believe it. 

7. We picked up a 46 Chevy Pick up project 

8. MG work - still have to sort the right hand blinker - bulb maybe 

So if you got this far you may be happy to know that I have a penciled in in person interview date with Jacques Couture on December 18th, 2022. 

I also have some zoom type ( I use Google Meet ) conversations with Bob Earl to edit and they are good content and I'll work through that and use it. 

Bob and I spoke recently for a few minutes and I'll get him on the schedule in January - weather permitting - for in person video. 

Another Bob at the new work has committed to doing a voice over for the film for a cut of the profit and a trip down the Red Carpet. I agreed and I appreciate the belief in the story and the project.  

I will say that having been out of racing for a year and its not the first time but it feels kinda weird. 

A 40 hour work week feels like I'm sandbagging - some may recall the walk to check the beacon - Wheaton. 

As I write this I recall Sarge hunting one MTP one day who was sleeping in the Loft of The Barn on the Pro Side at Sears Point ha ha - that is what it feels like to leave the sport this time. 

That all said I have returned to the story of The Mechanicians and will continue to develop the project into something worthy of telling their stories. 

...-buzz




  


    

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 September 2020

8 September 2020

01/19/2024 Where did he go?