6 October 2010 Gathering images & learning things

 

The weeks fly by during race season - everyone knows that.  

Add in the compressed Covid racing season its already October. 

Update : 

 I have received a few releases back from potential participants and I am still looking at Adobe Sign vs. Docusign... the fun of self funded filmmaking makes the research worth the time.  Time I have $ not so much.  I get that a PDF is a PITA to deal with and that is a big priority to sort.

According to my Film Mentor,  I need to make a short clip to help illustrate the concept to help garner interest of potential viewers and possible sponsors. Sponsors for better equipment ( like a Docusign subscription, PC updates that will handle the editing functions and etc. We already bought audio & basic video tools but there could be some value to upgrade to a video camera that can have interchangeable lenses for better depth of field control.   

I have learned that this is called by many names : 

  • Showreel
  • Pitch Reel ( with Pitch Deck - the World adores PowerPoints I guess ) 
  • Sizzle Reel ( sounds very exciting
  • Demo Reel 

I have been gathering analog assets ( a.k.a. photos and home movies ) that are able to help paint the picture of the efforts that are made to put on a race, all originals that I own now and I have full unlimited copyrights to.

The © is a big deal in doing this - at least for me.  

Many independent filmmakers will "gather image assets" to make a this style of Sizzle Reel is called a "Rip Reel".  Basically, rip off clips of stuff from the internet and use it to make this short that illustrates the total vision of the project. 

I'm not a ripper so there we are. 

Thus far I have something from most decades in stills and hunt for home movies on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Market Place, Offer Up are all scoured several times a day and I have scored some really neat things that will really help the offered items from participants; project believers.

So "carry on" as Jacques would say. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 September 2020

8 September 2020

01/19/2024 Where did he go?