Time Traveler

Howdy, been a while.   

We are still unpacking and rehabbing our home in Walnut Creek after renting it out for the last 8 ish years.

Funny that I just realized my first time in this home was today in 1974...damn 47 years ! 

I was looking for more image assets the other day and scored a unique one seen here. 

These fellas are Mechanicians of the 1950s . Not big time Indy guys but real local guys, doing it for the love of the sport. 

As I scanned the image I was struck with a few things. 

1.  The hills looked familiar I was thinking Hollywood but a Google got me to Bonelli Ranch Race Track a.k.a. Saugus Speedway - near my office in Santa Clarita : SAGUS SPEEDWAY.


2. Then there was seeing one of the Jim Russell Mechanicians from 2004 ish : Mike Kelley sitting right there in the front row - strange how he hasn't aged since the 1950s 



3. Now that I am basically resettled and the home studio is set up for video calls/podcast calls and its almost time to set up in person filming. That part will have to be shoe horned in with the ol' day job but it will happen. 

This project keeps me going... hope to post a Podcacst soon. ...-rob

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 September 2020

8 September 2020

01/19/2024 Where did he go?