15 September 2020

 Been a busy week of researching the best techniques to capture stories in person & remote. 

The plan is coming together :  

It appears that the best move for remote is a Google Meet via invite and then record the whole thing. That way it saves to the G Suite drive directly. 

The in person will take a bit of planning & set up as well as travel.  Luckily I have many local contacts to speak with and to that end I have ordered a video camera and have to test shoot. 

My mentor mentioned making a short over arching of the story called a "Sizzle Reel". 

Saturday, I created the first 30-45 seconds while walking the dogs ...in my head and then started to script that out.  

Its actually harder than one may think to get the images in my head out into words. I did the first mental walk through and then did a "talk through" with Dana to help "paint the picture".  Then I typed in a few notes and slept on it... well didn't sleep ... tossed and turned and obsessed a bit and did a slight re write in the day time . And now it "works on paper". 

How I'll film it is secondary to the next scene ... that's boiling in my mind as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 September 2020

8 September 2020

01/19/2024 Where did he go?